Friday, January 16, 2009

The New Year

Happy (Belated) New Year!!! One of many of my New Year's Resolutions is to maintain my blog. Why is it so challenging for me?
I typically get a little depressed when the holidays are over, but I think this is the first year that I am actually relieved. Then again it definitely was not a typical holiday. My dear cousin, Samar, passed away on Christmas day, after her 10 month battle with cancer. She is survived by two sisters, her parents, and a three year old daughter. Samar remained strong throughout her struggle, and in order to honor her, I am participating in Rely for Life this April. It's a fundraiser where all the donations go toward the American Cancer Society. If you are interested in contributing on my behalf, here is my personal page: Rely For Life
You can find a link on the page where it says "Make a Gift to Support Manal A Fakhoury" (that's me). My personal goal was to raise $50, but since I've already raised almost $200, I've bumped up my goal to $300!! Hopefully not too ambitious, but it's for a great cause of course.

No comments: